New Year Greetings from Quilt Shop Co-op!
We wish good health, joy,
and peace to all!
In our first newsletter of 2021, we're sharing
a few exciting highlights of the past few months,
and a little peek into what's ahead.
Since October our firsts included...
- E-commerce site went live
- First annual meeting
- Successful first online sale, Holly Jolly (thanks everyone!)
- First online class offered
In addition to the firsts, we also -
- Enrolled 21 new members
- Created and implemented a COVID-19 safety policy at the shop at 3400 Bloomington to protect volunteer workers and shoppers
- Got our in-store POS system up and running for quicker/easier checkout transactions
- Opened the Shop to walk in customers and by appointment.
- Obtained a loan to help us build a stronger business
We’ve been frugal with your membership investment, your member loans, and the Shared Capital loan. Board members and a few volunteers do all of the storekeeping, technology, marketing, bookkeeping, and class teaching. We’re using our funds to buy inventory, needed equipment, and meet overhead expenses. Our hope is that more inventory = more sales
And more sales will mean an expansion of everything we want to offer you.
Speaking of inventory, have you seen some of the gorgeous new Robert Kaufman batik fabrics that have arrived in the shop? You owe yourself a look –
Shopkeepers Jennie, Laurie or Ellen will be happy to see you and safely guide you in your buying selections.
A peek ahead
Our next sale is on batting, beginning Sat. Jan. 30 through Sat. Feb. 6. Check your inbox very soon for the details.
Block of the Month is coming! Watch for details on Facebook, Instagram or our web site.
A fun, new kit will be available for sale.
Lots of new fabric is arriving. Members will get a sneak preview by email, watch Facebook and Instagram when February starts.
Meanwhile, enjoy the mild winter days! -- Your friends at Quilt Shop Co-op