We currently have no paid positions available.
At this time all of our staff are volunteers.SALES ASSOCIATE, Minneapolis, MN
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Associate (2) to help us get our online fabric store jump-started. These positions will be filling retail fabric and sewing notions orders for shipment and curbside pick-up.APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
TO APPLY: Send resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greet customers in a friendly manner on the phone and in-person
- Process POS (point of sale) orders of fabric and notions from an online store
- Prepare orders for shipment or curbside delivery
- Cut fabric for kits using a rotary cutter
- Handle returns of merchandise
- Team up with co-workers to ensure proper customer service
- Help customers select fabric for quilts and calculate yardage requirements
- Advise customers on techniques of hand and machine piecing and quilting
- Process merchandise deliveries which will include fabric, books, notions, and batting
- Carry stock to and from the basement and second floor as needed
- Be able to lift at least 35 lbs.
- Build trust relationships with customers
- General housekeeping and daily tasks
- Comply with inventory control procedures
- Suggest ways to improve sales
- Follow and achieve sales goals on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis
- We do lots of standing. You will be on your feet several hours each day.
- *See COVID-19 Note.
20-25 hours per week – a mix of weekdays, evenings, and Saturdays.
*COVID-19 Note: Due to the uncertainty of the pandemic, we will begin operations as online sales with curbside pick-up or mail delivery only. This means most customer interactions will be over the phone and working conditions will require masks and social distancing measures. The bulk of the role will be processing online orders and notifying customers when their orders are ready. As circumstances shift, we may move to an in-store shopping situation that will follow state and city guidelines.
Quilt Shop Co-op is an equal opportunity employer.